Trip Grade: Moderately strenuous
Maximum Altitude: 5669 m, Dolma la Pass
Starting Point: Kathmandu
Ending Point: Kathmandu
Journey over the Himalayas to the high Tibetan plateau.
Tour around Mt. Kailash in the holy Mansarovar.
Expand your Trips
- How do I book this trip?
- What are the Payment Procedures?
- What are the Cancellation and Refund policy?
- What is Tea House Trek?
- What is Camping Trek?
- Do I require the previous experience to go for this trek?
- Is there any arrangement made for emergency?
- Are you Government registered trekking agency?
- What do I need to prepare for the trek?
- Do you have internet and Telephone facilities during the trip?
Mr. Ram and Marron Staffs, Namaste and I would like to thank you very much for your kind support. It was really a wonderful visit to Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Darjeeling through your agency I travel to Nepal and many other countries and have found...
Tibet »Tibet Tour »Kathmandu Kailash & Mansarovar -16 Days
Kathmandu Kailash & Mansarovar -16 Days
- Trip Overview |
- Detail Itinerary |
- General information |
- Cost Include & Excludes |
- Equipment List
These is one of most sensational journey towards the residence of the head of the Hindu God, Lord Shiva. He is still believed to be residing there and meditating. Most of the devotees of Lord Shiva from all over the world make this trip once in a lifetime. "Mount Kailash" is said to be one of the world’s most sacred spots. To experience its spiritual energy you must go there. The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, is a pilgrimage and the devotees from all over the world visit it for inner peace and devotion.
Most of the Tibetans leave an article of clothing or a drop of blood, hair or a stone to symbolize leaving their prejudices behind them. When we are there, we should leave our ego, anxiety and meanness here. We hope this trip will definitely be in your memory and whenever you remember this trip, your lips reveal the good wide smile.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Visa Preparation and half day sightseeing
Day 03: Drive to Nyalam (150km), 3300m
Day 04: Rest Day at Nyalam, 3300m
Day 05: Drive Saga/4450m ( via Labug-La 5150m, Peku-tso and Saga, 232km )
Day 06: Drive from Saga to Paryang (4600m) 230 km 7-8 hrs
Day 07: Drive to Manasarover (4558m) 277km 8 hours
Day 08: Drive to Tarchen (14975ft) 40km
Day 09: Trek to Dira-Puk/5000m
Day 10: Trek to Zuthul Puk (18km, 6-7 hrs, 550m)
Day 11: End of Kailash Parikrama and drive to Manasarovar
Day 12: Drive to Saga (about 500km) 10-12 hrs
Day 13: Drive to Nyalam or Zhangmu (245km) 6-7 hr.
Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu via kodari
Day 15: Rest day and Shopping day in Kathmandu
Day 16: Final Departure
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be transferred to your hotel by Marron Treks representative. Short briefing will follow concerning the necessary formalities and your trekking itinerary. Depending upon the time of your arrival you may spend free time visiting nearby tourist sites or resting.
Marron Treks will assist you in the preparation of your visa and other formalities in the morning and after the completion of all the formalities, you will have half of day left in which our city guide will accompany you for the visit to Boudhanath, the Stupa of a million dew drops, to watch monks and devotees circumambulate the largest stupa in the world. Then you will be visiting Pashupatinath, Nepal's most sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Shiva, with its two-tiered golden roof and silver door. After your tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel for your overnight stay.
After your morning’s breakfast we will leave Kathmandu for Nyalam[3300M]. When we reach Friendship Bridge [Nepal-China Boarder], we will walk along for 10 minutes to cross the bridge and there we will meet up with our Tibetan English speaking tour guide and land cruiser driver. The guide will give brief information regarding the further trip and then we will proceed the journey to Zhangmu, where all the immigration and custom formalities are ought to be accomplished. After the accomplishment of all formalities, we proceed to Nyalam. Arrival at Nyalam and overnight stay at Nyalam Ardun guesthouse best available.
On this day we will rest in Nyalam to get acclimatization for further going on this trip. We can also make a trip around the area and get to know the lifestyle of the people living there.
Today we will be having our first long driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet. The pleasant scenes of lakes, nomads chasing thousands of yaks and sheep are sure to keep you busy throughout the drive. By the late afternoon we will cross Brahmaputra River way towards the typical Chinese and Tibetan town, Saga. The best hotels are named after the place itself consisting private bathroom and 24 hours hot water. We will rest our overnight here.
While driving, on the far southern side, we can see snow covered peaks near us. There are lots of rocky peaks and sand dunes which give the sense of an ideal world. We will be passing the typical Tibetan and western small towns of Zhongba and finally reach Paryang. Overnight in guesthouse.
It is the longest driving day towards Mansarovar. This day starts with full of excitement and by the late afternoon we can have the first glimpse of Holy Kailash Parbat and Manasarovar. On our way there is a small village named Hor which is very near to the Lake Manasarover. Manasarovar is the highest lake of fresh water with turquoise complexion. This lake is full of fishes and swans. On the surrounding of this lake, we can see Holy Kailash Parbat, Mt. Gurula-Mandala, Lake Rashekshi etc. This region is rich for gold and other mines, hot springs etc. It is also home to hundreds of wild living creatures. For overnight, we will be staying at Chu Gumpa Guesthouse.
After spending some time around the lake, we will be heading in the northwest direction towards Tarchen which is about 36 km from Manasarovar. Terchen is considered as a base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama (going around kailash). We will be staying for overnight in Minzhigang Guesthouse which is the best one in this place.
This day is one of the exciting days as we will be walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; water falls with some clouds in the clear blue sky that makes you feel the presence of Great God Shiva everywhere with tons of blessing for you. The trek of this day is sure to a memorable one as the Mount Kailash goes on appearing and disappearing in the duration of the trek. The distance that we are covering today is of around 15 km and it takes almost 7 hrs.
This is the hardest and Holiest day of your pilgrimage-cum trekking. We can view Dolma-La (pass) of 18600ft between two valleys: Yamasthal should be crossed to reach the Shiva-sthal while your steps go closer to the pass. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget yourself. While we move descend from this place, we will reach Parvati-sthal and Gauri Kunda on the way. By the late afternoon we will arrive at Zuthul Puk (the cave of Miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa was supposed to have performed miracles here).
On this day, after walking for 3 hours in the morning, all the driving crew will be waiting for your arrival. We will have a free and final afternoon around the Lake Mansarovar. We can drive around this lake to enjoy the pilgrimage. We will be spending our last night here in Chu Gumpa Guesthouse beside the Lake Manasarovar
Day 12: Drive to Saga (about 500km) 10-12 hrs
The journey is completely done by driving and it is long one. From the early morning we will be sitting in a bus and watching the fast running sceneries, we will reach the destination of our day in Saga. Here we will stay in a guesthouse for overnight.
This day too is for driving. We need to prepare ourselves for yet another long journey. The arid places of Tibet, and small bushes passes by our sight so fast as we go on in our journey. By and by the bus will lead us to Nyalam or Zhangmu.
On this day we will be coming back to Kathmandu. Once you arrive in Kathmandu, our staffs will meet up with you and transfer you to your hotel.
You can spend this day as you like. The long and arduous journey by bus might have made you tired so you can spend your day by resting and in the evening you can roam around the streets of Thamel in or to buy some souvenir for your relatives and friends.
One of the staffs of Marron Treks will accompany you to the airport for your final departure. We hope that you had a great time with us.
Or you can even extend your trip with us into mountain biking, jungle safari, white water rafting etc.
1. Kathmandu to Lhasa by flight
- Tibet Group Visa
- 11 night's accommodation in Tibet using best guesthouse/hotel/camp
- Hotel in accommodation in Kathmandu as per the itinerary
- Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the itinerary
- All necessary Tibet travel permits
- Ground transfers in Tibet by tour van or bus according to the group size
- Yaks & Yak Men for luggage during Kailash Parikrama.
- Private local Tibetan Driver
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Services of our trekking equipment per requests (sleeping bags, sleeping mattresses)
- Meals (you can explore all the food in towns on your own, and prepare some easy food for the Kailash trekking portion in Zhangmu or Nyalam or Saga, your guide will help you to arrange as per your idea)
- Meals in hotel in Kathmandu
- Using extra nights in lodge (except that mentioned on itinerary).
- International Airfare.
- Entrance Fee
- Tip to Guide and Porter
- Yak/porter/horses for personal using (normally it costs around 30-50 USD per day for horse riding use)
- Rescue/ evacuation or all the extra cost because of partition from the main group or serious health condition.
- Your own country standard individual Travel insurance Tips to staffs
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Tea House and Camping Treks
The equipments and clothing list below is for a relatively longer trek involving a cold high altitude destination in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. If you are doing a short trek to a relatively lower altitude you may not need all these. The list below is for a guideline alone, you may have your own check list as well. Duffle Bag and a good sleeping bag will by provided by Marron Treks P.Ltd, which you should return after completion of your trip. Please note that most of the trekking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
- Cap for sun protection during trek
- sunscreen lotion/sun balm
- T-shirts and long sleeved shirts
- fleece or thermal shirts for colder areas
- fleece jumper/sweaters
- Down jacket
- wind /water proof outer garment
For leg and hand
- Casual troussers for walking
- Water proof trouser
- Thermal legging for colder areas
- Hand gloves
Trekking Shoes For foot
- woolen and cotton socks
- Trainer or casual shoes
- Waterproof hiking boot
- Gaiter for rain and snow
- Day sack to carry personal goods
- Personal medicines and first aid kit
- water bottle and iodine tablets
- Torch (better head torch)
- Camera and extra batteries
- toiletries and towel
- Large handkerchief
- compass, binoculars, altimeters,
- Playing cards , books, guide book
For Peak climbing we suggest the following gears except above mentioned accessories.
Suggested Climbing Gear
- Climbing boots, Crampons.
- Ice axe, Harness.
- Rock pegs, Helmet (crash hat).
- Warm climbing trousers, Long cotton hiking shirts.
- Waterproof climbing jacket, Gaiters.
- Sun hat, Light cotton athletic socks and wool.
- Climbing socks, long sleeved cotton/woolen shirts.
- T-shirts, Wool long underwear.
- Down high altitude, Sleeping bag.
- Down jacket/ trousers/vest, climbing sunglasses.
- Sunscreen, Lip salve.
- Lightweight fleece, Fleece/wool for climbing.
- Head torch /batteries/bulbs, Lightweight thermal/ insulated ski gloves.
Please do write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for furthermore information except those mentioned in above.