- Trip Price: USD 2232
- Duration: 15 days
- Starting Point: Dhunche
- Ending Point: Syabrubeshi
- Highest access of the trek: Yala Peak 5500m
- Accommodation: Camping
- Daily walking Hours: Average 5-6 hours
- Group Size: Min: 02 Pax Max: 12 Pax
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Best Season: Sep –Dec, Feb-May
- One of the easier peak so not required any tactical and practical climbing skills
- Amazing views snow-capped Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Ri, Langshisha Ri, Dorje Lakpa, and Kangchenpo peaks
- Views of Shishapangma peak (8027m) with extra massive Himalayan range of Tibet side.
- Experience of the alpine meadows and Yak pastures
- How do I book this trip?
- What are the Payment Procedures?
- What are the Cancellation and Refund policy?
- What is Tea House Trek?
- What is Camping Trek?
- Do I require the previous experience to go for this trek?
- Is there any arrangement made for emergency?
- Are you Government registered trekking agency?
- What do I need to prepare for the trek?
- Do you have internet and Telephone facilities during the trip?
Mr. Ram and Marron Staffs, Namaste and I would like to thank you very much for your kind support. It was really a wonderful visit to Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Darjeeling through your agency I travel to Nepal and many other countries and have found...
Nepal »Peak Climbing »Yala Peak -15 Days
Yala Peak -15 Days
- Trip Overview |
- Detail Itinerary |
- General information |
- Cost Include & Excludes |
- Equipment List
Marron's Yala Peak adventure trip begins with the 6-7 hours drive after Dhunche. In the beginning, we trek through sub-tropical jungle and then the dense forest with oak trees, birch and pine before the valley opens out into the alpine meadows and yak pasture. These high meadows are carpeted by rich variety of alpine flowers such as gentials, violets, edelweiss and primulas in the spring. The Lantang forest is also known for its wildlife such as red pandas, Himalayan black bear, and wild board and langur monkeys.
We trek up to the valley Kyangjin and we set up our camp in superb setting there. From Kyangjin, we move further up the valley to Yala, a small yearsa, a summer hamlet. Here you get the time to walk to the top of the Tsergo Ri which is the highest point on a broad flat plateau. The views from here are as spectacular as anywhere in the Himalayan region. The panoramic view of the snow capped Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Ri, Langshisha Ri, Dorje Lakpa, and Kangchenpo peaks. Yala peak is one of the shortest periods climbing in Nepal.
Day 01 - Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
On this day, once you arrive in Kathmandu International airport, a representative of our company will meet you and take you to your hotel. Once you reach your hotel, you will be served a welcome drink at the time of check in. After resting a while, the manager of our company will arrive and brief you about the particular trip you have booked with us. Depending upon your time of check in, you will have a free time ahead which you can use either by resting or going our around the street of Thamel on your own. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 - Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
After breakfast,you will begin your sightseeing tour. We will go for sightseeing in a private vehicle with professional tour guide. We visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa. After Boudhnath Stupa we visit Pashupatinath, which is the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. In this temple, we see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and the funeral pyres burning on the ghats. We also visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, which is a collection of pagoda and shikhara – style temples, grouped around a fifty-five-window palace of brick and wood. The attraction of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square is The Lion gate, The Golden gate, The Palace of fifty five windows, Art Galleries, The Statue of King Bhupatindra Malla. Once we return back from our tour, we will spend rest of our time in Kathmandu for further exploration and some last-minute shopping in Thamel area near by your. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 - Drive to Sybru Bensi (1462meters) by bus 8 hours.
This day,we drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi which takes about nine hours by bus or Land cruiser depending on group size. We head towards north of Kathmandu driving through scenic foothills and beautiful landscapes to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche. On the road, by the bank of Trishuli river we can catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills. As we pass through Dhunche we feel as if we are heading towards deep land. Here the roads are still under construction. Sybru Bensi is the beautiful town with the excellent view. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 04 - Trek to Lama Hotel (2500meters) 5 hours.
This day, the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail gradually climbs to Bamboo passing through the landslide area. Later, our trek ascends gently to Rimche (2400meters) through Bamboo (1960meters) which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. Our lunch will be waiting for us in this place. If we are lucky, we can see red pandas, monkeys and bears. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05 - Trek to Langtang Village (3307meters) 5 hours.
The trek route follows Gumanechok, Ghoda Tabela literally it means the Horse Stable. After this the trail is slightly gradual and beautiful in the valley with the grazing Yaks. Langtang village is one of the very old villages along this trekking route and the view from here is more spectacular as we get closer to mountain. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 06 - Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3798meters) 4 hours.
The trek of this day is shorter but it will give us enough time for acclimatization. The surroundings of the way are interesting as we pass the famous Cheese factory. This is a beutiful place to explore as we can see lots of small peaks to climb. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 07 - Kyanjin Gompa exploration day.
We will utilize this day on resting and exploring the area. We can visit the monastery and cheese factory then take a walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend Kyangjin Ri (4350meters) which is the highest point of this trek. We can view amazing panoroma of the Langtang peak directly behind the village. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 08 - Trek to Yala peak Base camp (4400meters) 6 hours.
Today we will be going to Yala Base Camp, we trek along the rocky glacier trail and be beholding the views of Ganchenpo, Naya Kang, Tserko Ri, Yala peak and others. This day, our accommodation will be in a tented camp and food will be cooked by our professional camp cook. Overnight at Tented camp.
Day 09 - Summit Yala Peak (5732 meters) and back to Kyangjin Gompa.
This is the main adventure day of this trekking. We start this day at early morning by climbing Pisang peak. At the summit of Yala peak,we will be stunned by the panoramic views of Shishapangma, Dorje Lakpa, Ganchenpo, Naya Kang, Tserko Ri, Langtang Lirung and many Tibetan mountains. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 10 - Spare day in case of bad weather to climb Yala Peak.
This day is a spare day separated in order to explore around the Yala Peak, given that the weather condition of the other day was bad.
Day 11 – Trek back to Lama Hotel (2500meters) 5.30 hours.
This day, we will return back to Lama Hotel. On the way we will be enjoying different panoramic views. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 12 - Trek to Sybru Bensi (1462meters) 5 hours.
This day, leaving the mountains behind us, we descent towards the Sybru Bensi where we started the trek about a week ago. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 13 - Drive back to Kathmandu by bus 8 hours.
This day, after breakfast, we will drive back to Kathmandu from Sybru Bensi. The journey is of about 9 hours by bus or Land cruiser depending on group size. Overnight at hotel.
Day 14 - Leisure day in Kathmandu.
This day is for taking a well deserved rest in Kathmandu. In the evening, you can spend your time in the shops of Thamel to buy soveniur for your beloved ones back in your country. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 - Final departure.
The trip is finally over on this day. Our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International Airport for your final departure towards your homeland. Or, do let us know if you are interested to extend your trip towards Chitwan Jungle Safari, River Rafting Adventure, Kathmandu Shopping Tour or Scenic Everest Flight.
- Airport pick-up and drop service.
- All transportation costs according to itinerary
- Farewell dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program.
- Equipments: All kinds of tents and mattresses during peak climbing period
- All trekking accommodation costs according to itinerary.
- Experienced trekking/climbing guide and porters
- Climbing rope, ice screws, snow bars.
- Personal insurance for crew members
- Cost for hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis
- Entry fees and other expenses for sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Trekking Sleeping bag.
- Personal Insurance for travel to Nepal
- Lunch & dinner expenses arising before or after the peak climbing period
- Emergency Rescue evacuation.
- Tipping (Tip).
- Bar bills & beverage
- Other personal expenses.
- Applicable special peak climbing permit fees and royalty
- Garbage Deposit fees (Refundable)
- International Airfare
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the 'Cost Includes' section above.
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Yala Peak
The equipments and clothing list below is for a relatively longer trek involving a cold high altitude destination. If you are doing a short trek to a relatively lower altitude you may not need all these. The list below is for a guideline alone, you may have your own check list as well.Duffle Bag and a good sleeping bag will by provided by Marron Treks P.Ltd, which you should return after completion of your trip. Please note that most of the trekking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
Cap for sun protection during trek
sunscreen lotion/sun balm
T-shirts and long sleeved shirts
fleece or thermal shirts for colder areas
wind /water proof outer garment
Casual troussers for walking
Water proof trouser
Thermal legging for colder areas
Trekking Shoes For foot
woolen and cotton socks
Trainer or casual shoes
Waterproof hiking boot
Gaiter for rain and snow
Day sack to carry personal goods
Personal medicines and first aid kit
water bottle and iodine tablets
Torch (better head torch)
Camera and extra batteries
toiletries and towel
compass, binoculars, altimeters,
Playing cards , books, guide book
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Tea House and Camping Treks
The equipments and clothing list below is for a relatively longer trek involving a cold high altitude destination in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. If you are doing a short trek to a relatively lower altitude you may not need all these. The list below is for a guideline alone, you may have your own check list as well. Duffle Bag and a good sleeping bag will by provided by Marron Treks P.Ltd, which you should return after completion of your trip. Please note that most of the trekking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
- Cap for sun protection during trek
- sunscreen lotion/sun balm
- T-shirts and long sleeved shirts
- fleece or thermal shirts for colder areas
- fleece jumper/sweaters
- Down jacket
- wind /water proof outer garment
For leg and hand
- Casual troussers for walking
- Water proof trouser
- Thermal legging for colder areas
- Hand gloves
Trekking Shoes For foot
- woolen and cotton socks
- Trainer or casual shoes
- Waterproof hiking boot
- Gaiter for rain and snow
- Day sack to carry personal goods
- Personal medicines and first aid kit
- water bottle and iodine tablets
- Torch (better head torch)
- Camera and extra batteries
- toiletries and towel
- Large handkerchief
- compass, binoculars, altimeters,
- Playing cards , books, guide book
For Peak climbing we suggest the following gears except above mentioned accessories.
Suggested Climbing Gear
- Climbing boots, Crampons.
- Ice axe, Harness.
- Rock pegs, Helmet (crash hat).
- Warm climbing trousers, Long cotton hiking shirts.
- Waterproof climbing jacket, Gaiters.
- Sun hat, Light cotton athletic socks and wool.
- Climbing socks, long sleeved cotton/woolen shirts.
- T-shirts, Wool long underwear.
- Down high altitude, Sleeping bag.
- Down jacket/ trousers/vest, climbing sunglasses.
- Sunscreen, Lip salve.
- Lightweight fleece, Fleece/wool for climbing.
- Head torch /batteries/bulbs, Lightweight thermal/ insulated ski gloves.
Please do write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for furthermore information except those mentioned in above.