Grade: Class III - IV+
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Biratnagar
- Challenging, Wilderness
- mountain to the plain
- ever – changing scenery
- Small isolated villages, gushing rivers etc.
- How do I book this trip?
- What are the Payment Procedures?
- What are the Cancellation and Refund policy?
- What is Tea House Trek?
- What is Camping Trek?
- Do I require the previous experience to go for this trek?
- Is there any arrangement made for emergency?
- Are you Government registered trekking agency?
- What do I need to prepare for the trek?
- Do you have internet and Telephone facilities during the trip?
Mr. Ram and Marron Staffs, Namaste and I would like to thank you very much for your kind support. It was really a wonderful visit to Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Darjeeling through your agency I travel to Nepal and many other countries and have found...
Nepal »White Water Rafting »Sunkoshi River Rafting -13 Days
Sunkoshi River Rafting -13 Days
- Trip Overview |
- Detail Itinerary |
- General information |
- Cost Include & Excludes |
- Equipment List
One of the top ten best rivers in the world: Sun Koshi River is an ideal destination for pursuing a classic white water rafting trip in Nepal. Also popularly known as "Golden River", Sun Kosi is the longest river cascading 270 km through Mahabharat Lekh Mountains to the Himalaya. Journeying through this torrential river on an inflatable rubber boat with life-jackets on, we have nature accompany us all along the river trip bestowing ample opportunity to witness exotic wildlife in its natural habitat. Besides this sheer awe-inspiring whitewater rafting against roaring rapids from put-in point below the Village of Lamosangu to the put-out point at Chatara, we can have cultural encounters as we approach pristine hamlets on terraced hillsides. En route, we may sightsee exotic animals like Languor monkeys, spotted deer, otter anteater etc and many unique bird species. Several Hindu temples come on the way which very well worth a visit. We conclude the trip with a flight from Biratnagar to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Early morning drive to Balephi (65 Km), Start rafting from Balephi, Raft up to Dolalghat.
Day 03: Pucharghat.
Day 04: Dhani Ghat.
Day 05: Harkapur.
Day 06: Raighat.
Day 07: Rest day to Explore around (nice spot for viewing Mt. Everest).
Day 08: Raswaghat.
Day 09: Riverghat.
Day 10: Ranitar.
Day 11: Chatara & Pick up and Drive to Biratnagar.
Day 12: Back to Kathamndu
Day 13: Final Departure.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- First aid kid box
- BIR KTM Airfare with guide
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Personal insurance
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Tips to Staffs
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Sunkoshi River Rafting
The equipments and clothing list below. Please note that most of the biking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
Winproff Outer Jacket
Day sack to carry personal goods
Personal medicines and first aid kit
water bottle and iodine tablets
Torch (better head torch)
Camera and extra batteries
toiletries and towel
compass, binoculars, altimeters,
Playing cards , books, guide book
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Tea House and Camping Treks
The equipments and clothing list below is for a relatively longer trek involving a cold high altitude destination in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. If you are doing a short trek to a relatively lower altitude you may not need all these. The list below is for a guideline alone, you may have your own check list as well. Duffle Bag and a good sleeping bag will by provided by Marron Treks P.Ltd, which you should return after completion of your trip. Please note that most of the trekking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
- Cap for sun protection during trek
- sunscreen lotion/sun balm
- T-shirts and long sleeved shirts
- fleece or thermal shirts for colder areas
- fleece jumper/sweaters
- Down jacket
- wind /water proof outer garment
For leg and hand
- Casual troussers for walking
- Water proof trouser
- Thermal legging for colder areas
- Hand gloves
Trekking Shoes For foot
- woolen and cotton socks
- Trainer or casual shoes
- Waterproof hiking boot
- Gaiter for rain and snow
- Day sack to carry personal goods
- Personal medicines and first aid kit
- water bottle and iodine tablets
- Torch (better head torch)
- Camera and extra batteries
- toiletries and towel
- Large handkerchief
- compass, binoculars, altimeters,
- Playing cards , books, guide book
For Peak climbing we suggest the following gears except above mentioned accessories.
Suggested Climbing Gear
- Climbing boots, Crampons.
- Ice axe, Harness.
- Rock pegs, Helmet (crash hat).
- Warm climbing trousers, Long cotton hiking shirts.
- Waterproof climbing jacket, Gaiters.
- Sun hat, Light cotton athletic socks and wool.
- Climbing socks, long sleeved cotton/woolen shirts.
- T-shirts, Wool long underwear.
- Down high altitude, Sleeping bag.
- Down jacket/ trousers/vest, climbing sunglasses.
- Sunscreen, Lip salve.
- Lightweight fleece, Fleece/wool for climbing.
- Head torch /batteries/bulbs, Lightweight thermal/ insulated ski gloves.
Please do write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for furthermore information except those mentioned in above.