- Price Starts From: USD 874 Per Person
- Duration: 8 Days
- Activity: Biking tour
- Starting Point: Kathmandu
- Ending Point: Kathmandu
- Accommodation: Hotel & Lodge
- Transportation: Mountain bike, Support truck
- Maximum altitude: 2732m
- Sightseeing in and around Kathmandu, including the three primary Palaces in Basantapur, Bhaktapur and Patan
- Sunrise from Nagarkot with magnificent view of the Himalayas
- Riding along the lush paddy fields and traditional plantation and harvesting
- Visiting ancient temples, palaces and villages to experience the local culture and age-old traditions on single trails and jeep tracks
- A farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant on the day before departure to celebrate our trip success
- How do I book this trip?
- What are the Payment Procedures?
- What are the Cancellation and Refund policy?
- What is Tea House Trek?
- What is Camping Trek?
- Do I require the previous experience to go for this trek?
- Is there any arrangement made for emergency?
- Are you Government registered trekking agency?
- What do I need to prepare for the trek?
- Do you have internet and Telephone facilities during the trip?
Mr. Ram and Marron Staffs, Namaste and I would like to thank you very much for your kind support. It was really a wonderful visit to Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and Darjeeling through your agency I travel to Nepal and many other countries and have found...
Nepal »Mountain Biking »Kathmandu Valley Rim Mountain Biking - 08 Days
Kathmandu Valley Rim Mountain Biking - 08 Days
- Trip Overview |
- Detail Itinerary |
- General information |
- Cost Include & Excludes |
- Equipment List
If you enjoy Mountain Biking and wish to experience as much of Nepal as possible in a week holiday this 'Around Kathmandu Mountain Biking' tour is an excellent option. This is a 5-day biking trip on the ridge-top trails which encircle the Valley's rim. We travel along little-used dirt roads away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Only a short bike ride away lies a delightful world of wooded slopes, small villages, hidden temples and the views which include all of the principal peaks of the Nepal Himalaya - from Makalu to the Annapurnas providing some excellent, easy to semi - technical single track riding along old jeep roads. During these five days we will experience all of the sights, sounds, tastes and smells that make up life in Nepal’s 'Middle Hills'. We will visit the historic cities of Patan and Bhaktpur, hill resort of Nagarkot with its sunrise view of the entire Nepal Himalaya and the temples, monasteries and picturesque villages tucked away in the forests along the way. We are so close to the bustle of Kathmandu, but so far off the beaten tourist trail.
With the mornings spent cycling above a sea of clouds, it would not be an exaggeration to call this a heaven for mountain bikers! Throughout the trip, support vehicles carrying all our gear will either follow behind us or be with us at the end of the day. Whether you ride for fun, or take it more seriously, challenges lie around every corner.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Biking to Panouti.
Day 04: Biking to Dhulikhel.
Day 05: Biking to Nagarkot.
Day 06: Biking to Chisopani.
Day 07: Biking to Kathmandu via Shivapuri and Budhanilkantha
Day 08: Final departure.
Following are the cost details that have been provided to you for your convinience. If you want to get more, then please dont hesitate to contact us
- Airport pick-up and drop service
- All transportation costs according to itinerary
- All biking accommodation costs according to itinerary
- Crew for camp treks: Guide and necessary porters
- Personal insurance for crew members
- All applicable tourist fees and permits for the biking, conservation fees,
- All biking equipments fees
- Support Vehicle Fees
- Personal Insurance for travel to Nepal
- Lunch & dinner expenses arising before or after the biking period
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- International airfare
- Tipping (Tips)
- Bar bills & beverage
- Other personal expenses
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the 'Cost Includes' section above
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Kathmandu Valley Rim Mountain Biking
The equipments and clothing list below for Mountain Biking. Please note that most of the biking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
Day sack to carry personal goods
Personal medicines and first aid kit
water bottle and iodine tablets
Torch (better head torch)
Camera and extra batteries
toiletries and towel
compass, binoculars, altimeters,
Playing cards , books, guide book
Clothing and equipments Accessories for Tea House and Camping Treks
The equipments and clothing list below is for a relatively longer trek involving a cold high altitude destination in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. If you are doing a short trek to a relatively lower altitude you may not need all these. The list below is for a guideline alone, you may have your own check list as well. Duffle Bag and a good sleeping bag will by provided by Marron Treks P.Ltd, which you should return after completion of your trip. Please note that most of the trekking items are easily available for buying or renting in Nepal and you are suggested not to bring unnecessary items with you.
- Cap for sun protection during trek
- sunscreen lotion/sun balm
- T-shirts and long sleeved shirts
- fleece or thermal shirts for colder areas
- fleece jumper/sweaters
- Down jacket
- wind /water proof outer garment
For leg and hand
- Casual troussers for walking
- Water proof trouser
- Thermal legging for colder areas
- Hand gloves
Trekking Shoes For foot
- woolen and cotton socks
- Trainer or casual shoes
- Waterproof hiking boot
- Gaiter for rain and snow
- Day sack to carry personal goods
- Personal medicines and first aid kit
- water bottle and iodine tablets
- Torch (better head torch)
- Camera and extra batteries
- toiletries and towel
- Large handkerchief
- compass, binoculars, altimeters,
- Playing cards , books, guide book
For Peak climbing we suggest the following gears except above mentioned accessories.
Suggested Climbing Gear
- Climbing boots, Crampons.
- Ice axe, Harness.
- Rock pegs, Helmet (crash hat).
- Warm climbing trousers, Long cotton hiking shirts.
- Waterproof climbing jacket, Gaiters.
- Sun hat, Light cotton athletic socks and wool.
- Climbing socks, long sleeved cotton/woolen shirts.
- T-shirts, Wool long underwear.
- Down high altitude, Sleeping bag.
- Down jacket/ trousers/vest, climbing sunglasses.
- Sunscreen, Lip salve.
- Lightweight fleece, Fleece/wool for climbing.
- Head torch /batteries/bulbs, Lightweight thermal/ insulated ski gloves.
Please do write us at email@example.com for furthermore information except those mentioned in above.